Chesapeake Charter School Alliance
The Chesapeake Charter School Alliance is the non-profit organization which governs the Chesapeake Public Charter School,
· to carry out and fulfill the provisions of the Legal Agreement (The Charter Agreement and Application) between Chesapeake Charter School Alliance. Ltd. (herein after called the “Alliance”) and the Board of Education of St. Mary’s County, Maryland (collectively referred to as “The Parties”) and as signed in March 2006, and periodically amended and/or renewed by the Parties.
· to engage in informational activities to increase public awareness of the Chesapeake Public Charter School (“CPCS”) and to promote understanding of the vision of the Chesapeake Public Charter School.
· to conduct fund-raising activities solely for the financial support of the Chesapeake Public Charter School.
· to solicit and accept grants, donations and charitable contributions from various sources for such funding (including foundations and charitable and governmental agencies, businesses and individuals) to be maintained in accounts of the Alliance and used solely for the educational and charitable purposes of the Alliance and the financial support of the Chesapeake Public Charter School and not for any individual or commercial purposes.
· to act as the governing body (herein after called the “Board”) of CPCS.
The CCSA Board is responsible legally and financially for the school. The Board applied to the St. Mary’s County for the school’s charter and is responsible for the long term success of the school. The Board is the Board of Directors of the non-profit entity the Chesapeake Charter School Alliance, Ltd. which was created as the necessary first step to set up a charter school in Maryland. A non-profit entity had to exist in order for outreach and fundraising to take place prior to a school being in place. The Board inputs into the hiring of the Education Director and holds the Education Director accountable for the management of CPCS.
The Board is made up of seven to eleven members, comprised of parents, community members, and school staff. Each September at the Annual Town Hall Meeting, dues-paying members of the Chesapeake Charter School Alliance elect a parent representative to serve on the Board. Each fall prior to or at the September Annual Town Hall Meeting, the staff elects a staff representative to serve on the Board. Membership dues are $5 annually. The Board oversees several committees which provide input and recommendations to the Board regarding various areas of the school.
Current Board Members:
CPCS Board Contact Information
June 2012- July 2013
Chesapeake Public Charter School
20945 Great Mills Road
Lexington Park, MD 20653
Karen Antonacio, Academic Dean
Robyn Baney Vice Chair
Jeff Bringle, Chair
Anne Marie Dailey, Treasurer
Angela Funya, Education Director
Takiesha Waites-Thierry, Secretary
Do you need to contact a member of the board? Please click HERE.
Alliance Board Information
Notes from the Alliance
Approved Minutes, Agendas & Financial Reports
Approved Financial Reports
Feburary 2013: Financial Report
January 2013: Financial Report
Help Our Fundraising Goal
Home | For Staff | For Students | For Parents
All contents of this site are copyright St. Mary's County Public Schools.