CPCS Student Pick-Up
Parking lot diagram for student drop off and pick up
Student Pick Up Authorization Form
- Please remember to be very careful and SLOW when entering or exiting the parking lot. Traffic entering from Great Mills Road has the right of way, so please look to your left and behind you BEFORE you pull away from the stop sign.
- Please pull close to the car ahead of you to condense the length of the lines overall. Remember to stay to the right as you go down the hill to the front of the school where the bus lanes are. There is at times, traffic from the barber shop that will use the other lane.
- Consider turning off your car if you arrive and are sitting in line (weather permitting of course).
- Please be aware that there are only 2 cars maximum in the line to exit onto Great Mills Road, so that incoming traffic can move past you and around the building.
- Always accompany your child through the parking lot if you are walking out to your vehicle. What a nice time to hold hands!
1. Parent drop off in the morning runs from 8:15 - 8:30 am. Students should remain in their cars until the staff members open the doors for them. If possible, please orient your child’s seat in the vehicle to the passenger side for safer loading and unloading. If you arrive after 8:30 am you must escort your child into the building and sign them in. Classroom instruction will begin promptly at 8:30 am. Students who arrive after 8:30 are considered tardy. Breakfast is served between 8:15 -8:35.
2. During pick-up or drop-off, drive to the back side of the rear parking lot (along the tree line & playground) (there will be two lanes to enter) and around to the front avoiding the bus area. Please allow space for the busses to enter and exit this area. Refer to the parking lot diagram.
3. If your child rides a bus, please make sure they know their bus number and what stop to get off in the afternoon, especially if they are going to a different spot. A written note for the first few days might be helpful.
4. Please remember to contact the school before 2p.m. for any transportation changes. You can reach Ms. Jaster at 301.863.9585 or send in a note in your child’s folder. Please make sure you are specific in your note. Child's name, the change, your name, date and contact info. Ex. Suzy Smith will be parent pick up on Thursday, August 25. She will be going home with Tracy Thompson. Thank you, Sandy Smith 8/24/11 (301)123.4567
5. Please be prepared to show photo ID when picking up students.
6. Parent Pick-up in the afternoon is from 3:00-3:15 pm. After 3:15, please pick up your student in the main office.
7. No children will be dismissed from the main office after 2:45p.m. Students are in the process of packing for the day and being moved to dismissal areas. Please plan accordingly.
8. If you have a change in your child's transportation, please notify the office as soon as possible.
****Please make sure that anyone who is authorized to pick up your children completely understands the directions for drop off and pick up. This includes traffic flow and where to park.****