Mindy Paglierani, Library Media Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Danika Strain, Library Media Specialist, email@example.com
Kim Bacon, Library Media Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Volunteers are Needed!
The Library Media staff is looking for volunteers to shelve books, read shelves (put the books in order) and assist with book displays. Training will be provided. If you would like to help please email Mrs. Paglierani: email@example.com
Click here to access student resources from the St. Mary's Public Library.
Click here to access student resources from the St. Mary's Public Schools.
Library Media Class Happenings:
Kindergarten: Students are practicing choosing & checking out library books and logging on to their computers.
First Grade: Students are learning about the nonfiction section of the library, book and logging in to their computers.
Second Grade: Students are practicing choosing a "just right" book for them and independently accesses PebbleGo.
Third Grade: Students are practicing using a book's call number to locate where it "lives" in the library.
Fourth Grade: Students are learning about the Dewey Decimal system and where nonfiction books are located.
Fifth Grade: Students are learning about and creating writing journals by listening to author Jack Gantos describe his writing process.
Library Media Center Policies & Procedures
1. Library Media Classes:
- · Classes attend library media for 45 minutes once a week
- · Classes will be met at the door and invited in by a member of the library media staff.
- · Students will sit on the carpet for attendance, a story & lesson explanation.
- · Students will sit at the tables for the lesson demonstration.
- · Students will move to the computers to work on their lesson.
- · Book selection & check will take place during the last 10 minutes of class.
- · Students will line up & be met at the door by their teacher.
2. Student book check out:
- · Students in grades Pre-K & K will be checking out 1 book per week provided they have returned their books from the previous week. Students in grades 1-5 will be checking out 2 books per week provided they have returned their books from the previous week.
- The Library Media Center will be open each morning from 9-9:15 for student book exchange.
- · Books may be renewed 3 times. Students do not need to bring the book they wish to return with them to library media.
- · Exceptions to the check out limit will be made when students need books to complete classroom assignment or for Book Buddies
- · Students will be asked to check out at least one book they can read independently.·
3.. Damaged and lost items:
- · Students and staff will be responsible for all lost & damaged items. Payment is requested at the time of damage.