August 22, 2012
Dear Spring Ridge Families,
The dismissal procedures for after school dances are outlined below.
- Students receive permission slips requiring money for entry into the dance and a parent signature prior to the dance. The permission form will include the name of the person who will pick up the child.
- Students will return permission forms to homeroom teachers on the dance day.
- Homeroom teachers will alphabetize all permission forms received and send them to the main office.
- The main office staff will alphabetize ALL dance permission forms. These permission forms will be used to dismiss students from the dance.
- Staff members chaperoning the dance will be posted in the lobby at a table representing each grade level with alphabetized dance permission forms. Parents will enter the building and pick up the permission form at the tables in the school lobby according to the student grade. The form will indicate if you are picking up your child or any other children as indicated by parent/guardian on the permission form. Parents can then locate students in the cafeteria and/or gym and students can then retrieve any items from their lockers and exit the building through the main entrance. The staff member will use the permission forms as a verification document for student pick up. This will take place in the lobby so we may monitor student departure.
Hopefully, since parents will not have to sign out children, we won’t have huge lines.
Our first dance is Friday, August 24, from 2:15 – 4:00 p.m. The dance dismissal procedures outlined above will be in effect.
Thank you for your cooperation concerning this matter. I appreciate all that you are doing to make Spring Ridge a great middle school!