Town Creek Messages
Summer Office Hours
Changes for PARCC Testing Next Year:
Kindergarten and PreK Registration is now open!
Town Creek News
- Project ReFresh is a program that teaches about the importance of eating healthy foods and being physical active. Click here for the calendar of Project ReFresh activites.
- Click here for information about the Maryland Breakfast Challenge
- This year, all fourth and fifth grade students will participate in Project ReFresh, a program that will teach them about the importance of eating healthy foods and being physical active. Click here for more information.
- Follow Mrs. Hankinson on Twitter @ TCES_SMCPS
- Click here for a Parent's Guide to New Assessments in Maryland.
- Looking for more information about the new PARCC assessment? Check out these great resources
- Click here for a video about the PARCC Assessment
- Click here for Top Ten Things Parents Need to Know about Testing in MD
- Click here for information about PARCC
- Know your special education rights: Click here for more information.
- Click here for a great list of resources for students and parents about bullying.
Together Creating Excellence
Town Creek Elementary School, home of the Terrapins, is located in St. Mary’s County, Maryland approximately 75 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. As one of the oldest and smallest schools in St. Mary’s County, Town Creek was opened in 1958. The school includes kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms with a student enrollment of approximately 250 students. Eligible prekindergarten students attend nearby Green Holly Elementary. Our population represents a variety of socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds. In partnership with parents and the community, Town Creek teachers and staff strive to create a child-centered learning environment enabling all students to become successful, healthy, active learners who pursue their own, individual level of excellence. Like a treasured antique, Town Creek represents the warmth and tradition of a neighborhood school.