Town Creek Messages
Good Afternoon Town Creek Families:
Welcome Letter From the Principal
Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year at Town Creek Elementary School- Home of the Terrapins! We are home to approximately 250 students from Kindergarten through Grade 5. We strive to provide an environment conducive to learning in order to maintain high academic achievement for all students. Our goal is to develop life-long learners who are college/career ready. Our students are encouraged to develop healthy habits and lead environmentally conscious lives. We expect our students to be respectful, responsible, and ready to learn. Members of our school community are encouraged to model and reinforce positive school behavior and school character. The staff and I will do whatever it takes to provide an appropriate learning experience for your child. Click here for the entire letter
Town Creek News
- This year, all fourth and fifth grade students will participate in Project ReFresh, a program that will teach them about the importance of eating healthy foods and being physical active. Click here for more information.
- The Partners for Success Resource Center for Families and Schools will be offering a workshop entitled What is Dyslexia and How to Recognize and Support it in the Classroom. This workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, October 8, 2014 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Board of Education Meeting Room. Click here for more information.
- Follow Mrs. Hankinson on Twitter @ TCES_SMCPS
- Click here for a Parent's Guide to New Assessments in Maryland.
- Looking for more information about the new PARCC assessment? Check out these great resources
- Click here for a video about the PARCC Assessment
- Click here for Top Ten Things Parents Need to Know about Testing in MD
- Click here for information about PARCC
- Know your special education rights: Click here for more information.
- Click here for a great list of resources for students and parents about bullying.