Town Creek Messages
Summer Office Hours
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Welcome Letter From the Principal
Next year's letter coming soon!
Town Creek News
- Anyone with a St. Mary's County library card can get free homework assistance using HelpNow! through the public library. Click here for more information!
- Free tutoring for Military Children. Click here for more information.
- Follow Mrs. Hankinson on Twitter @ TCES_SMCPS
- Click here for a Parent's Guide to New Assessments in Maryland.
- Looking for more information about the new PARCC assessment? Check out these great resources
- Click here for a video about the PARCC Assessment
Together Committed to Excellence
Town Creek Elementary School, home of the Terrapins, is located in St. Mary’s County, Maryland approximately 75 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. As one of the oldest and smallest schools in St. Mary’s County, Town Creek was opened in 1958. The school includes kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms with a student enrollment of approximately 250 students. Eligible prekindergarten students attend nearby Green Holly Elementary. Our population represents a variety of socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds. In partnership with parents and the community, Town Creek teachers and staff strive to create a child-centered learning environment enabling all students to become successful, healthy, active learners who pursue their own, individual level of excellence. Like a treasured antique, Town Creek represents the warmth and tradition of a neighborhood school.