- All visitors to the building must sign in at the main office at the Main Building or the ECC Building and be prepared to show a picture ID.
- Our school hours are from 9:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m.
- Our school hours on Early Dismissal days are 9:00 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Changing end of day transportation is discouraged. However, if you need to change the daily norm of transportation by picking up your child instead of him/her riding the bus home, please send in a detailed signed note to the office with your child that morning. If you choose to add your child/children to the daily pick-up list, please call 301-475-0260 ext. 833 for Big Ben and 823 for Little Ben before 2:30 p.m., and identify who will be picking up your child.
- For another adult to pick up your child, he/she must be listed on the school record as being a person who you have given permission to pick up your child. If you have updated information to add to your student’s record, please provide the office with written notification of requested changes. It is imperative that we are able to reach you or another authorized adult in an emergency.
- New Traffic Pattern for Main Building drop-off and pick-up: We are asking that you turn into our staff parking lot using the Supporting Services road off of Route 5. As you pull into the parking lot, keep right to form a loop around to the side entrance.
Staff members will be outside to direct the new pattern in the A.M. drop off and the P.M. pick up. Thank you for your patience as we implement this new procedure to improve safety and security for our students
PreK and Kindergarten Students
PreK parents must come into the ECC office to drop off and pick up students.
- 9:00 -9:10 a.m. – Drop Off at ECC/Little Ben (Side Entrance by Breezeway)
- After 9:10 a.m. – Sign students in at ECC Office
- Before 3:30 p.m. – Pick up students at ECC Office
- Requests for Parent Pick Up must be called in no later than 2:30 p.m. or your child will be put on his/her assigned bus
Grades K – 5
- 9:00 – 9:10 a.m. – Drop off at main building (side entrance in the staff parking lot)
- 3:45 p.m. – Pick up students at Main Building (side entrance in the staff parking lot) – pull up to the curb and a staff member will meet you at your car, check your ID, and have your student(s) brought out to you.
- Requests for Parent Pick-Up must be called in no later than 2:30 p.m. or your child will be put on his/her assigned bus
We understand that occasionally there are emergencies that come up and we will do everything that we can to assist you. These procedures will enable us to safely dismiss all students and buses in the most efficient and timely manner possible.
We thank you for your help and cooperation.