Welcome to CPCS
The mission of Chesapeake Public Charter School is to offer each student a unique educational experience within a reflective learning community. Through a modified school calendar, multi-age students in small class settings will engage in a curriculum of meaningful connections and diverse perspectives. This engagement will be achieved using technology, the environment, the arts and community resources. This school will provide a safe, orderly, caring and joyful reflective atmosphere in which respect for all is evident and the outcome of empowered, self-directed learners is expected. Our goal is to build a solid foundation for higher education and the desire to continue learning, growing, sharing, and contributing in multiple capacities throughout each person’s life.
OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD FOR 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
2019-2020 CPCS LOTTERY APPLICATION GOES LIVE!
Beginning Thursday, December 20 @ 10 am the Chesapeake Public Charter School's online lottery application will be OPEN!
- Families must fill out applications online at cpcsapplication.com during the open enrollment period. For the 2019-20 school year, the online application process opens at 10 a.m. on December 20, 2018, and closes at 12 pm midnight on January 31, 2019.
- Families need to enter a valid email address and create a password to create a free account. The application also features a mobile-friendly platform. This account will need to be monitored for information regarding acceptance/wait list notifications.
- All applications must be completed online. The order in which the application is submitted does not impact the selection process. It does not matter whether a family submits an application on the first day or the last day since the lottery is a random, computer-based drawing. On-site computers will be provided at the school between 9 and 2 pm M-F if needed for application process beginning on January 3. The application is available in multiple languages.
- Once an application is submitted, parents will receive confirmation that their child’s online application was submitted successfully and entered into the lottery database. If you do not receive a confirmation within 24 hours, please make sure to check your spam folder.
- All applications are entered into the lottery software program and stored. The software generates a number for each application.
- The lottery will be run on February 8, 2019.
- Kindergarten families will be notified by email upon completion of the lottery of their acceptance or wait list status by February 28, 2019. All other families of students in grades 1-8 will receive an email of their wait list status and will be offered seats as they become open through the summer months.
UPCOMING FUNDRAISING EVENTS:
1, 2, 3, 4...CPCS DECLARES A PENNY WAR!!!
Get ready for our 5th annual Penny War. January 28th through February 1st.
Rules of engagement: Collection jars will be placed in the Café. Pennies, dollar bills, checks, and PayPal will give you positive points. $1.00 = 100 points. Silver coins (nickels, dimes, quarters, etc) are negative points. $0.25 = -25 points. You will want to sabotage other classrooms with silver coins while filling your classroom's jar with pennies. We will try to provide a point total by the end of each day so that you can strategize.
CHILI BINGO NIGHT FEBRUARY 1ST
Join fellow CPCS families for a potluck style dinner of chili, mac & cheese, or soup! We will close the evening out with a couple round of bingo! Meet up in the gym Friday, February 1st, 5:30 - 7:00 pm from for the festivities.
Admission is $5/person with a max of $25 per family. Annual Pledgers will have free entry. RSVPs and sign-ups are requested by January 30th. Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/
Think you have the best chili? Enter the cook-off competition! We will have 2 categories: Adult or Kids. Prizes will be awarded to the top 2 chili’s that receive the most votes in each category. There is a $5 entrance fee for each chili entered. Voting tickets will be available for $1 each or 6 for $5.
Go Green!!! Bring a refillable water bottle and receive a free voting ticket.
We hope to see you there!
March 1st: A Vintage Affair: Back to the '80s!!!
It's time again for our annual silent auction. A Vintage Affair is our largest fundraising event of the year. Raising between $15,000-$20,000 each year. The evening features delectable hors d'oeuvres, a variety of adult beverages, and a chance to bid on some amazing silent auction items.
This year’s event will be held on Friday, March 1st from 7-11 pm at the Bay District VFD Social Hall in Lexington Park, Maryland. Tickets are $25 each through February 14th and can be purchased via Event Brite: https://tinyurl.com/
To help make this event a success, we need your help! Artwork, professional services, jewelry, gift cards, and experiences are items that do well at the auction. For example, a donated week for a vacation home in the Outer Banks went for $900 - all to the benefit of the school! If you interested in donating an item for the auction or know of someone who may, please let us know. We also have sponsorship opportunities for local businesses.
Help us get the word out! The more attendees, the more money we raise for CPCS. This event is open to anyone. Share the flyer with family, friends and your community
Remember, we have multiple, no-cost to you fundraising opportunities – Scrips, Schoola, Amazon Smile, Shoparoo, etc. For more information, visit our Fundraising page: http://schools.smcps.
Monetary donations are always welcome. Please go to our website: http://schools.smcps.
Thank you for all you do for CPCS. I look forward to seeing many of you at a fundraising event in the New Year!
CHECK OUT OUR AMAZON WISHLIST!
Click HERE CPCS has its own wishlist of items that are consistently used and always in need of replenishing. Consider adding one of these items to your cart when you're shopping! And don't forget that shopping through Amazon Smile and designating CPCS as your 'charity' results in a kickback of $$ to us as well! Thanks for your support!
NEW TO CPCS?
Find out more! Who we are, our mission and vision of the Chesapeake Public Charter School, what makes CPCS different, and parental involvement.
For more information or ways you can get involved, please contact a board member or committee member. This information can also be found in our slideshow presentation
Interested in Volunteering? We have many different ways you can help. The volunteer coordinators are working to meet with committees throughout CPCS. If you are interested in volunteering, email us!
BECOMING A REGISTERED VOLUNTEER
The online application process is now in place and accessible for use by all prospective school volunteers, student interns, and student teachers who wish to submit an application to become an approved school volunteer.
Step #2 - CASH TRAINING