Chesapeake Charter School Alliance
The Chesapeake Charter School Alliance is the non-profit organization which governs the Chesapeake Public Charter School,
- to carry out and fulfill the provisions of the Legal Agreement (The Charter Agreement and Application) between Chesapeake Charter School Alliance. Ltd. (herein after called the “Alliance”) and the Board of Education of St. Mary’s County, Maryland (collectively referred to as “The Parties”) and as signed in March 2006, and periodically amended and/or renewed by the Parties.
- to engage in informational activities to increase public awareness of the Chesapeake Public Charter School (“CPCS”) and to promote understanding of the vision of the Chesapeake Public Charter School.
- to conduct fund-raising activities solely for the financial support of the Chesapeake Public Charter School.
- to solicit and accept grants, donations and charitable contributions from various sources for such funding (including foundations and charitable and governmental agencies, businesses and individuals) to be maintained in accounts of the Alliance and used solely for the educational and charitable purposes of the Alliance and the financial support of the Chesapeake Public Charter School and not for any individual or commercial purposes.
- to act as the governing body (herein after called the “Board”) of CPCS.
The Chesapeake Charter School Alliance is the non-profit organization that fundraises for the Chesapeake Public Charter School. The Alliance helps CPCS achieve its vision and mission by providing much-needed funds for additional programming. Proceeds are used to provide programming that teaches the students about the world and our community through exciting field trips, hands-on demonstrations and artist in residence programs. These funds also help with transportation for field studies, electives materials, local food for the salad bar in the cafeteria and the Taste It program. Please help support our school through your generous donation.
Please use the following links for more information!