Great Mills High School Counseling Department
PH 301-863-4001 x18120
Fax 301-863-4026
Counselors are Assigned by Student's Last Name:
Mrs. Stokes 
Ext. 18121 A – C

Ms. Joseph
Ext. 18125 D - I

Ext. 18124 J – Q

Mrs. Bishop

Ext. 18122 R – Z


Mrs. Duran
Ext. 18120
Mrs. Skarwecki
Ext. 18127 
For information on enrolling a student please click here.  It is recommended that you contact our Registrar, Mrs. Skarwecki, in advance at (301) 863-4001, Ext. 18127 to set up an appointment to enroll a student. 

Please allow at least 24 hours notice prior to the requested withdrawal date.  Contact Mrs. Skarwecki, Registrar, for more information at Ext. 18127 or at 

See the School Operational Calendar for more important dates.
Former students, to request a transcript, please complete a Request for Transcript  form, drop it off at the Counseling Center or mail or fax the form to the school.
Current students you must provide a pre-addressed stamped envelope to send a transcript to a college/university or scholarship organization who does not accept transcripts through an online vendor. Mrs. Willis in the College/Career Center hendles senior transcripts.
The High School Program of Studies is designed to assist students in course selection. Courses are designed to challenge all students, fulfill the high school graduation requirements, prepare students for the High School Assessments, and ensure students are prepared for post-secondary programs. Students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) are encouraged to review this Program of Studies and the school registration material carefully with teachers, school counselors, and administrators. It is very important that students select the most challenging and rigorous program to meet their post-secondary and career goals.
Minimum Graduation Requirements listed on page 7 of the Program of Studies.
Presentation on Courses Offered for Tech Ed Credit click here
For more information regarding post secondary planning, scholarships, employment opportunities and more please visit the College Center website.
Homework/make-up work for students should be requested from the student's Assistant Principal's secretary. The request is for students who have missed 3 or more consecutive days of school (student must be marked lawfully absent from school). 
Students with last names A - C - Mrs. Schwartzenburg x18118
Students with last names D - I - Mr. Glasper x18116
Students with last names J - Q - Mrs.Dare x18115
Students with last names R - Z - Mrs. Schwartzenburg x18118
Local Resources for Children, Youth and Families click here
Therapists and Psychiatrists click here
Home Schooling click here
CSM GED Adult Education click here
Community List for Behavioral Health Behavioral Health Providers