Leonardtown High School is located in St. Mary’s County, “where the Potomac meets the Chesapeake.” As the oldest county in Maryland, St. Mary’s is filled with rich history such as lighthouses, Civil War sites, and monuments commemorating our African-American heritage. Our current population stands strong at 109,000. As a county that supports the U.S. Navy, we continue to have an influx of growth.
LHS News and Updates
Summer Reading 2022
- Freshmen English Pre-AP Summer Reading
- Freshmen English Pre-AP GIS Summer Reading
- World Literature Pre-AP Summer Reading
- English 10 GIS Summer Reading
- AP Language & Composition Summer Reading
- AP Literature & Composition Summer Reading
AP Government Summer Reading
- AP Gov Jumpstart Summer Reading Assignment
- Note: This is not a summer assignment, but is the first reading assignment in AP Gov class for students who want to get a head start on it during the summer months.