Testing and Exam Information
LHS Testing Schedule
PSAT (all 9th, 10th, 11th grade students) on 10/10
ELA 10 PARCC on 12/4, 12/5, 12/6
Algebra 1 PARCC on 12/12, 12/13, 12/14
Government HSA on 1/8-1/11
MISA on 1/8-1/11
SAT all 11th graders on 3/27
Spring PARCC (Alg 2, Alg 1, ELA 10) on 4/26-5/7 TBD
AP Exams on 5/6-5/17
Spring HSA (Gov) on 5/7-6/7 TBD
Spring MISA on 5/7-6/7 TBD
Students and Parents,
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered to 10th and 11th grade students only on beginning
- The PSAT 8/9 will be administered to 9th grade students on beginning at
- The PSAT is an important test. Students who perform well could earn college scholarships (11 grade).
- PSAT student guides will be distributed to students this week during English classes (for 10th and 11th grade students only, there are no hard copies for 9th graders). These guides contain information and sample test questions that will help students prepare for the PSAT.
- Parents/Students should check their calendars for appointments already scheduled for PSAT. , and consider rescheduling as there are no make-up dates for the
- Students who arrive late to school will not be permitted to take the test.
- Students who did not get a guide during English can get them from Mr. Copsey.
- Please see attached digital copies
- Students must bring their own calculators.
Additional information can be found at the following links:
For students who need testing accommodations for the SAT exam please print out the following application and please return it to:
Beginning February 1, 2019, we will begin accepting registration and payment for AP testing. The deadline to register and order an AP test is March 22, 2019. AP testing will start on May 6, 2019 and finish on May 17, 2019. A list of the exam dates and times can be found in the AP Bulletin for Students and Parents. The AP Bulletin for Students and Parents was distributed to students in early January. A copy can also be found on the school website as well as the College Board website. The AP Bulletin for Students and Parents and the College Board website (https://www.collegeboard.org/) contain important information, dates, and times. AP tests are $94 each. AP Seminar & AP Research are the only two exceptions. They cost $142 each. There is no actual test for AP Research. But students who wish to have their papers submitted to the College Board can register and pay to have them submitted. The cost is $142. Students who receive free/reduced lunch will have their fee subsidized and can take AP tests free of charge.
AP Test Fees
Each AP test costs $94.00
(Only exception is AP Seminar & AP Research which are $142)
1 x $94 = $94
2 x $94 =$188
3 x $94 =$282
4 x $94 =$376
5 x $94 =$470
6 x $94 =$564
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration for AP testing through FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to sign-up for AP testing, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
Anyone who wishes to participate in AP testing must create a FamilyID account. Parents/Guardians must be part of the account/registration process. Families that already have a FamilyID account (anyone who tried out for a sport had to create an account) do not need to create a new account. But, you will still have to visit the link listed below and register for the AP test via FamlyID. You may create a FamilyID account at any time, but you cannot register for an AP test until February 1st.
- Next click on the green button and scroll, if necessary, to the green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Click , if you already have a FamilyID account.
- your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner’s First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- In MySchoolBucks, you may log-in to your MySchoolBucks account or use a credit or debit card to process your payment. Input the cardholder’s full name, the card number, address and any other required information (***See note below).
***Please note that you can still pay with cash or check at the LHS school bank if you prefer. However, you will still need to register on FamilyID. Please make checks out to Leonardtown High School and place “Account 203” on the memo line. Your payment (either online or via the school bank) must be received by March 22, 2019. Tests will only be ordered for students who have paid in full.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, FamilyID at or .
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mr. Copsey at email@example.com or you can call 301-475-0200 ext. 27110. Payment questions can also be directed to Mrs. Morris in the school back at 301-475-0200 ext. 27138 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test Prep: Here at Leonardtown High School we have the APEX program for Test Preparation for students to use. Accuplacer, ACT, and SAT test prep are all available FREE for students. Students, you can prepare with tutorials by signing into: www.apexvs.com
Your Username is Your initials followed by the last four of your student ID. If you have never logged into Apex it is your SMCPS student ID. Students are welcome to attend during One Lunch.
If you need help or have questions, please see Mrs. Schrader in room 2D25. Thanks.