Information For Service Academy Nominations
The nomination process is as follows:
- Write to your senator in your junior year of high school, certainly before July 1 of your senior year.
- Know the basic requirements.
- Take your SAT before applying for nomination. You will generally need a verbal score of 550 or more and a math score of 600 or better.
- Maintain high academic standing (at least the upper 40% of your class).
- Maintain first-rate medical condition and proper physical aptitude.
- Obtain an application from your career center.
- Compile and submit a completed application including letters of recommendation, transcript of record, and SAT scores. See your counselor for details.
- Watch your deadline. The application must be postmarked by November 15 and will not be accepted if late.
Note contact information:
US Air force academy – www.usafa.af.mil
Us army military academy- www.nadn.navy.mil
Us army military academy- www.usma.edu
Us merchant marine academy- www.usmma.edu
Leonardtown High School partners with The College of Southern Maryland (CSM) to offer its students dual enrollment opportunities. Dual enrollment allows you to take classes at CSM for college credit while satisfying your high school graduation requirements. Talk to your high school counselor about some classes at CSM that can help fulfill your high school graduation requirements.
Dual Enrollment Deadlines:
Summer Semester: May 15
Fall Semester: July 15
Spring Semester: December 15
MD 529 COLLEGE SAVINGS PLAN
ACADEMIC COMMON MARKET IN-STATE TUITION WAIVER
Study in a specialized field at an out-of-state college. Pay in-state tuition rates.
Is a degree program you’d like to pursue not available in your state? Is out-of-state tuition a barrier to a major offered at a college in another state? Looking for options with lower tuition?