2021/2022 Student Parking Permit Application Procedures
The parking application for the 2021-2022 school year will be available on this web page beginning July 1, 2021. We will be accepting applications from both juniors and seniors. However, all juniors that apply will be placed on a waiting list. Juniors will only be issued permits if we have spaces available after all the needs of seniors that qualify for permits have been issued permits. This is due to the physical limitations of not having enough parking spaces available for all our student drivers.
In order to apply for a student parking permit, you must have a valid driver's license (not a learner's permit) AND must be a junior or senior.
- Student parking applications, including the required documents, must be submitted this year online via the following Google Form link
- PARKING APPLICATION
- Applications will be accepted from juniors/seniors and who meet the eligibility criteria related to grades, attendance, and discipline and who can demonstrate a need to drive. For example zero period, late entry/early release, college, sport/organization, activities, etc. 9th, and 10th graders will not be issued parking permits. 11th graders will only be issued permits if there is enough parking available after 12th graders have been issued permits.
- Parking Permit Fee will be $75.00. Do not submit the Parking Permit Fee with the application. Fees will be collected after you attend a Safe School Driving Presentation (date and times to be determined at a later date, closer to when school starts)
- Students receiving an acceptance notification must attend the mandatory Young Driver’s Safety Initiative training. Students can make their payment after the training. Students will then receive their parking lot designation and permit.
- Students will be assigned to either parking Lot A (located in front of Leonardtown High School) or Lot B (located in front of the Tech Center). Students parking in unassigned areas or not properly displaying their permit will incur a $30.00 fine per each violation and will be in danger of losing their parking permit.
- No student may park on LHS school grounds after Friday, August 28, 2021, without a valid LHS parking permit.
- Please note that driving to school is a privilege, not a right. Buses are available for all students within the SMCPS attendance zones. There are limited parking spaces available for student use at LHS, therefore not all requests for parking will be able to be accommodated.