2022-2023 Student Parking Permit Application Procedures
We will be accepting applications from both juniors and seniors. The number of permits issued is limited due to the physical limitations of not having enough parking spaces for all our student drivers. Senior applications will be given priority.
All juniors that apply will be placed on a waiting list. Juniors will only be issued permits if we have spaces available after all the seniors that qualify have been issued permits. (Parking permits are never available for 9th or 10th grade students.)
In order to apply for a student parking permit, you must have a valid driver's license (not a learner's permit) AND must be a junior or senior. You must also have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA and must not be on the school debt-list.
- Student parking applications, including the required documents, must be submitted online via the following Google Form link
- Applications will be accepted from juniors/seniors and who meet the eligibility criteria related to grades, attendance, and discipline and who can demonstrate a need to drive. For example zero period, late entry/early release, college, sport/organization, activities, etc. 9th, and 10th graders will not be issued parking permits. 11th graders will only be issued permits if there is enough parking available after 12th graders have been issued permits.
- Parking Permit Fee will be $75.00. Do not submit the Parking Permit Fee with the application. Fees will be collected after you attend a Safe School Driving Presentation (date and times to be determined at a later date, closer to when school starts)
- Students receiving an acceptance notification must attend the mandatory Young Driver’s Safety Initiative training. Students can make their payment after the training. Students will then receive their parking lot designation and permit.
- Students will be assigned to either parking Lot A (located in front of Leonardtown High School) or Lot B (located in front of the Tech Center). Students parking in unassigned areas or not properly displaying their permit will incur a $30.00 fine per each violation and will be in danger of losing their parking permit.
- No student may park on LHS school grounds after Tuesday, August 23, 2022, without a valid LHS parking permit.
- Please note that driving to school is a privilege, not a right. Buses are available for all students within the SMCPS attendance zones. There are limited parking spaces available for student use at LHS, therefore not all requests for parking will be able to be accommodated.
Season Parking Pass -
Students that have Fall Parking Passes must return the parking pass to Ms. Mushrush in the School Bank no later than Thursday, November 10, 2022. Any Fall Parking Passes not returned will incur a $25 fee per day until it is turned in.
Applications from students who have applied for Winter Parking Passes will be reviewed on November 21, 2022 and students who will be notified on November 22, 2022 if they have been approved for a Winter Parking Pass.
Being approved for a Fall Parking Pass does not guarantee that a student will be approved for a Winter Parking Pass. We have a limited number of spaces and are trying to make the approval of parking as fair as possible.
For more information please read the following letter: LHS Seasonal Parking Pass Information
The following policies and procedures will be used:
The student must have registered their vehicle on the Parking Registration Link above then see Ms. Morris in the School Bank at least one day prior to the requested date of the temporary parking permit.
Temporary permits will be available on a first come, first served basis. Only a limited number of temporary permits are available each day. Additional permits will not be issued.
A copy of the student’s valid provisional driver’s license, current vehicle registration, and current proof of vehicle insurance must have been previously submitted in the Parking Pass Registration at the time of requesting the temporary permit.
The temporary permit is only valid on the date that it is requested for. Any additional use of the permit will result in the student being fined $30 per day.
The temporary permit must be clearly displayed on your mirror.
Students may be issued a maximum of 15 temporary parking permits per school year. The fee structure for temporary permits is:
Temporary permits 1 and 2: No charge
Temporary permits 3 through 10: $5.00 fee per permit
Temporary permits 11 through 15: $10.00 fee permit
Temporary parking permit holders must park in the 10 spaces in the far left hand corner of A lot. See map below.