2019-2020 Student Parking Permit Application Procedures
Due to the large number of students in this year’s senior class and the fact that we have received a record number of applications for student parking permits, 11th grade students will not be issued parking permits**. Unfortunately, we do not have enough student parking spaces to accommodate all of the requests for student parking permits.
In order to apply for a student parking permit, you must have a valid driver's license (not a learner's permit) AND must be or senior.
- Student parking applications, including the required documents, must be submitted this year online via Family ID: https://www.familyid.com/
- Applications will be accepted from seniors and who meet the eligibility criteria related to grades, attendance, and discipline and who can demonstrate a need to drive. For example zero period, late entry/early release, college, sport/organization, activities, etc. 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will not be issued parking permits.
- Parking Permit Fee will be $ 60.00 or $ 50.00 if you participate in the S.T.O.P.P.E.D Program. Do not submit the Parking Permit Fee with the application.
- All students parking at Leonardtown High School will be encouraged to register their vehicle with the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office “S.T.O.P.P.E.D. Program”. This program is independently operated by the St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Office. (www.firstsheriff.com or 301-475-8008). Each student presenting supporting documentation demonstrating that their vehicle has been registered with the “S.T.O.P.P.E.D. The program” will receive a $10.00 discount taken from the cost of their school parking permit. This documentation must be submitted via Family ID.
- Students receiving an acceptance notification must attend the mandatory Young Driver’s Safety Initiative training. Students can make their payment after the training. Students will then receive their parking lot designation and permit.
- Students will be assigned to either parking Lot A (located in front of Leonardtown High School) or Lot B (located in front of the Tech Center). Students parking in unassigned areas or not properly displaying their permit will incur a $30.00 fine per each violation and will be in danger of losing their parking permit.
- No student may park on LHS school grounds after Friday, August 30, 2019, without a valid LHS parking permit.
- Additional parking rules and regulations can be found on the application on Family ID.
- Please note that driving to school is a privilege, not a right. Buses are available for all students within the SMCPS attendance zones. There are limited parking spaces available for student use at LHS, therefore not all requests for parking will be able to be accommodated.
**Approximately 25 11th grade students were issued parking permits this summer prior to the decision was made to longer issue permits to 11th grade students. To be fair to these students, they have been given permission to continue to use their parking permits.**