LHS STUDENT PARKING
Parking Permit Application Procedures
2018-2019 School Year
The LHS student parking lots are at capacity. No more student parking permits will be issued unless spots open up. Students may still apply on Family ID to be placed on the waiting list. We understand that this is an inconvenience for students/families, but we do not have enough parking space available to accommodate all of the LHS student drivers.
- Student parking applications, including the required documents must be submitted this year online via Family ID.
- Applications will be accepted by seniors and juniors who meet the eligibility criteria related to grades, attendance, and discipline and who can demonstrate a need to drive. For example: zero period, late entry/early release, college, sport/organization, activities, etc. 9th and 10th graders will not be issued parking permits; students must be in 11th or 12th grade in order to be considered for a parking permit.
- If a student would like to be considered for a parking permit for the beginning of the school year, applications must completed in full submitted via Family ID by Monday, August 13, 2018.
- **COMPLETION OF APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PARKING PERMIT**
- Parking Permit Fee will be $ 60.00 or $ 50.00 if you participate in the S.T.O.P.P.E.D Program. Do not submit the Parking Permit Fee with the application.
- All students parking at Leonardtown High School will be encouraged to register their vehicle with the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office “S.T.O.P.P.E.D. Program”. This program is independently operated by the St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Office. (www.firstsheriff.com or 301-475-8008). Each student presenting supporting documentation demonstrating that their vehicle has been registered with the “S.T.O.P.P.E.D. Program” will receive a $10.00 discount taken from the cost of their school parking permit. This documentation must be submitted via Family ID.
- Students receiving an acceptance notified must attend the mandatory Young Driver’s Safety Initiative training. Students can make their payment after the training. Students will then receive their parking lot designation and permit.
- Students will be assigned to either parking Lot A (located in front of Leonardtown High School) or Lot B (located in front of the Tech Center). Students parking in unassigned areas or not properly displaying their permit will incur a $30.00 fine per each violation and will be in danger of losing their parking permit.
- No student may park on LHS school grounds after Friday, August 31, 2018 without a valid LHS parking permit.
- Additional parking rules and regulations can be found on the application on Family ID.
- Questions regarding parking applications and regulations should be sent to Mr. Readyhough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that driving to school is a privilege, not a right. Buses are available for all students within the SMCPS attendance zones. There are limited parking spaces available for student use at LHS, therefore not all requests for parking will be able to be accommodated.