We hope your summer is off to great start & filled with lots of fun & joy! Our school office is open Monday - Thursday from 8:00-4:00. All SMCPS schools and offices are closed on Friday throughout the month of July. As always, if you have any questions or needs, please feel free to reach out to us at 301-863-4085. We are always happy to help!
Panda love to all!
Free Summer 2022 Lunch Program
St. Mary’s County Public Schools’ Judy Center and Food and Nutrition Services in partnership with the St. Mary’s County Public Library and the St. Mary’s County Department of Social Services will be offering a FREE summer lunch program for children up to age 18 and accompanying adult for 9 weeks this summer.
Lunch, Learn and Grow!
June 21st – August 19th
12:00 p.m. -1:00 p.m.
Lexington Park Library Meeting Rooms A & B Closed on July 4th in observance of the Independence Day Holiday
Take home learning activities provided by the Judy Center will be available each day!
Open registration for students who will be five years old by September 1, 2022 continues throughout the summer. Select the link to view the SMCPS Press Release.
Required documents include:
- Proof of residence
- Evidence of Birth
- Immunization Record
- Court papers regarding custody (if applicable)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
PRE-K/HEAD START ONLINE APPLICATION
Update 6/2/2022 Press Release
St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS) will offer full-day Pre-Kindergarten for four-year-old students in elementary schools for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year for eligible students. There will be no half-day spaces in Pre-Kindergarten 4.
To enter a 4-year-old class for the 2022-2023 school year, a child must have a birthdate on or before September 1, 2022.
Please review the 2022 Federal Poverty Level (FPL) Table. Students will be admitted in rank order beginning with those children whose families are at or below 185% and eligible for Free and Reduced Meals. After those students have been placed, full-day Pre-Kindergarten 4 spaces will be offered to students whose families’ incomes are up to 300% until spaces are filled.
Families exceeding an income of 300% of the FPL will not be offered a space in Pre-Kindergarten 4 for the 2022-2023 school year. If you need assistance locating childcare, please visit the child finder link from MSDE at https://www.checkccmd.org/ for assistance.
For more information about the full-day Pre-Kindergarten 4 program, visit www.smcps.org/ssp/early-childhood-education. Questions may also be submitted to Pre-K Questions or call (301) 475-5511, ext. 32136.
SMCPS EXTENDED LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- All students will log in through CLEVER for all Summer 2022 Extended Learning Opportunities.
- The Imagine Learning platforms are available for all students in Grades K - 5. This platform is curriculum aligned and adapts based on student input.
- 5th-grade students may preview Edgenuity course options for both MATH and ELA.
SUMMER READING CHALLENGE!
Not sure what to read? Here's some ideas!
- Use your laptop to go on to all the sites we used this year like Raz Kids, Reading A-Z, or Bookshelf. All you have to do is log into Clever!
Visit the SMCPS Library Media Programs Site!
FREE EBOOKS: Select this link!
Read in Imagine Learning
- Check out books at the library
LPES Important August/September Dates
August 22: LPES Back to School Blast!
Pre-Kindergarten: Time TBD
August 24- First Day of School for Students
September 5- Labor Day, No School
September 22- 2 Hour Early Dismissal
September 23- Fair Day, No School for Students
Lexington Park Elementary School Newsletters
To support you in navigating the school year and keep you informed about upcoming programs & events, we communicate information through the formats listed below.
- Weekly Phone Message & Email: At 6:00 on Sunday you will receive a phone message & email from us sharing information about the upcoming week.
- Class DoJo: Very soon your child’s teacher will invite you to join her Class DoJo. We use this platform because it is secure/members only and allows us to share a wide variety of information with you. Please join our DoJo family!
- Monthly SMORE Newsletter: This newsletter gives our families a full picture of the upcoming month, including a message from our principal, the month’s important dates & cool happenings, the Counselor’s Corner, Health & Wellness information, and so much more!
- Our LPES Website and Twitter feed: The LPES website has a wide variety of information for you and is updated regularly. We love to share all the wonderful things our students & teachers are doing, so we tweet just about every day.
As always, if you need anything from us, just reach out to our office @ 301-863-4085.