Happy Summer Panda Nation
Thank you for being our partners this year. Panda Nation met the challenges of virtual instruction and hybrid instruction. Teachers, Families, and students worked so hard. Panda Nation Rocks. Have a wonderful, relaxing fun summer. See you in August.
Summer Office Hours:
Mondays-Thursdays 8:00 am- 3:30 pm
Head Start and Pre-Kindergarten Registration
2021-2022 Pre-Kindergarten/Head Start Common Application is now available.
All Families are welcome to apply.
Students must be 4 years old by September 1, 2021 for Pre-K 4/Head Start 4.
Students must be 3 years old by September 1, 2021 for Pre-K 3/Head Start 3.
Children from Financially Eligible Families are placed first.
Online Common Application Link
Paper Common Applications are available in English and Spanish at school.
2021-2022 Registration information for grades Kindergarten - 5th grade
Please remember if you are NOT in district for Lexington Park Elementary you will need to complete registration at your home school.
The documents / forms that we are NEEDED for every student are as follows (we need an actual signature (not just digital signatures) on all forms):
- Parent / Legal Guardian Photo ID
- Child’s Birth Certificate (proof of birth)
- Child’s Social Security Number / Card (optional)
- Child’s Immunization Records / Certification
- Current Proof of Residency
- Can’t be older than 30 days from the date of registration
- SMECO (electricity) bill, Water Bill, Lease / Rental Agreement with ALL signatures
- If you live with somebody and no utility bills are in your name - NOTARIZED Landlord Affidavit with Proof of residency for that address and person attached) (if applicable)
6. Legal Documentation (if applicable)
7. Student Record Release (if applicable; to request records from previous school)
8. Registration Form (front and back) with signature
9. 504/IEP Form
10. Parent/Legal Guardian Work Information Form
11. Maryland Home Language Survey Form
12. Universal Screening Flier/Form
13. Student Health Information Form
Additional forms that are NEEDED for Kindergarten and 1st grade students are as follows (we need an actual signature (not just digital signatures) on all forms):
Kindergarten student’s parents will also need to complete the following forms and return:
- Prior Early Care
- Maryland Lead Testing Certificate Form
1st grade student’s parents will also need to complete the following forms and return:
- Maryland Lead Testing Certificate Form
Bridges for Parents Facebook page
A Bridges user and Facebook member has created a Facebook page for parents in an effort to continue to support parents over the summer. Interesting items are posted so that parents can learn more about how we teach math today and particularly about how their kids are learning math via Bridges. The group is called "Bridges Math for Parents" and it can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4147673498684543
We have a new resource coming soon at Lexington Park Elementary!
Varsity Tutors is the nation’s largest platform for live online tutoring. Their mission is to transform the way people learn through technology. They are a comprehensive learning destination that provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats — including 1:1 tutoring, small and large live group classes, and asynchronous self-study.
Please click on the information below.
We are thrilled that you & your PAWSitively Amazing children are here with us! This year will certainly be like no other, BUT we know that Panda Nation will work together and make sure everyone has a PAWSitively Amazing year!!
To help you navigate all the new elements of the school year and keep you informed about upcoming programs & events, we will communicate information frequently and in several ways. They are listed below for your reference.
- Weekly Phone Message & Email: At 6:00 on Sunday you will receive a phone message & email from us sharing information about the upcoming week.
- Class DoJo: Very soon your child’s teacher will invite you to join Class DoJo. We use this platform because it is secure/members only and allows us to share a wide variety of information with you. Please join our DoJo family!
- Our LPES Website and Twitter feed: The LPES website has a wide variety of information for you and is updated regularly. We love to share all the wonderful things our students & teachers are doing, so we tweet just about every day. Follow us on Twitter @lpes_smcps
- Technology Needs: if you are new to the school or need a device from SMCPS please complete the survey here.https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdD1yjWdbZs_Wb4flafkmHwehNhxPkT7j1cDShd-KNp6B9Mdw/viewform
As always, if you need anything from us, just reach out to our office @ 301-863-4085.