At Mechanicsville Elementary School we have a School Improvement Team. This team is expected to meet throughout the year to review the School Improvement Plan and revise it as needed. Meetings for the 2018-2019 school year will take place quarterly and will be held from 3:50 - 5:00pm. The meeting dates for this year are: November 14, 2018; January 9, 2019; April 10, 2019; and June 12, 2019. This quarterly review will serve many purposes:
· Specific school-wide quarterly achievement, attendance, and discipline data
· Specific discussions about subgroups
· Decisions regarding the need for group and scheduling changes
· Discussions about the use of resources (people, materials, and time)
· Review of quarterly reports from the Team Action Plans
· Benchmark accomplishments
· Discussion of necessary professional development based on the data
· Discussion of parent and community involvement
The final meeting of the year will include a status report to the team; a look back at the plan to determine what worked and what didn’t; a decision as to what will be continued, deleted, and added; and a timeline for completing the new plan.
Please contact the school at 301-472-4800 if you are able to serve on the School Improvement Committee or if you have any questions.