Our character traits change each month. For this school year they are:
Please feel free to call or e-mail me at any time with a problem or concern regarding your child. I will be happy to help you!
Age Ways to Encourage a Commitment to Learning
• Encourage writing with magnetic letters, crayons, and
• Keep a box of dress-up clothes for your child to play with.
• Visit libraries, zoos, museums.
• Let your child read to you every day as he or she learns to read.
• Help homework become a part of your child’s evening routine.
• Ask your child “what if” questions to help her or him look at the
world in a different way.
• Encourage your child to collect things he or she gets excited
about. Contribute to the collection.
• Help your child learn how to study with a friend.
• Find creative ways to help your child link her or his interests
with school subjects.
• Place more emphasis on lifetime learning—not just graduation.
• Encourage your teenager to listen to her or his heart. Help your
teenager connect what’s in her or his heart to career interests.
• Help your teenager think about future goals, and the discipline
and boundaries required to reach them.
• Visit colleges with your teenager to get her or him excited and
connected to her future.